Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Post - An Introduction

On March 17th 2011 I found out that I would be moving to Madison, Wisconsin.  Now, several individuals may realize right away the significance of the 3rd Thursday in March.  No, it isn’t that March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day.  To many people, March 17th is the dreaded and highly anticipated Match Day where medical students from around the country find out where they will be spending the next year, or three, or even five.

It just so happens that my lovely husband really wanted to do his pediatric residency at the children’s hospital in Madison.  And that is where he “matched” on that fateful Thursday.  So in a few short months we will be packing up our house and hopefully moving into a home of our own.

This transition has brought a lot of anticipated stress, as well as stress we didn’t plan on experiencing.  Once we learned where we were headed, it was up to me to find a house to buy so that we could have some place to live.  Now most people would likely think, if you are only going to be in a location for 3 years why are you buying a house?  Well…can you find me a landlord who will rent to someone with cats and dogs?  That is the issue.

And then there is the stress of finding a job, of applying for a mortgage with student loan debt and only my husband's contract for employment, of moving on to a bigger city and saying goodbye to the place we have lived for the past eight years.

I have decided to start this blog to document the process of moving and settling into a new city where I do not know anyone.  I hope to find a job, find a home, and find some friends along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment